Director of Operations
The Executive Director of Operations is responsible for the overall management and operations of the Onion Lake Governmental, Nation to Nation and Government Relations, Industry, Business and Program Sector Departments. The Office of the Executive Director of Operations is responsible for design, planning, outcomes and financial/budgetary assessment of OLCN sectors and all human resources, including implementation of OLCN Nation policies, legislative and law enactment.
This position entails the following roles and responsibilities: coordination of Chief and Council leadership mandate and directives; strategic implementation of legislative band custom law and active supportive liaison relations within a governance mandate in ‘cross-program’ implementation; implement OLCN Community-based Planning with the citizens; coordinate OLCN Communications Strategy and program Unit; and provide senior technical support to regular Council and community meetings and co-assist in program evaluation with OLCN Associate Director of Operations including Director’s supervisory/evaluations and fiscal budgetary duties related to the overall OLCN program sector(s) service effectiveness to OLCN membership.
The Executive Director of Operations is responsible for the day to day governmental, business, financial and program operations by coordinating with OLCN Directors within their respective implementation and evaluative program plans and resources. The incumbent is accountable for achieving Chief & Council Directives in the mandate given for governance, Legislation implementation, budgetary planning and operational goals/outcomes, and advancing OLCN’s community-based plan within OLCN policy and legislative guidelines.
• Oversee operations within the work-plans of all OLCN Sectors in all aspects of development, including consultation, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of resources for use within the Nation;
• Assist implementation of the First Nation community to assess needs and wants, and to implement effective leadership involvement through open communication and citizenship consultation practices;
• Prioritizes, seeks funding and allocates available resources; reviews and evaluates program product and service delivery.
• Serves as a lead technical member on the OLCN management team for all sectors, attends sector meetings, provides update reports with management on the sector departmental progress and ensures the needs and concerns are represented;
• Assist and provides leadership in the implementation of vision, goals, objectives, outcomes in relation to OCN policies, procedures and work standards for the Administration department;