As part of our 3-year plan, the following objectives were identified at the strategic planning session for education:
- Use standardized and diagnostic data to plan instructional programming and to establish data driven schools
- Continue to improve language and readiness skills in early learners
- Improve reading and literacy skills for all students in our schools
- To continue to emphasize student cultural enhancement and the opportunities to practice
- Implementation of the new Sask. Learning Curriculum (WCP).
- Consistent, sequential learning in mathematics for students in all grades
- Support career planning early in our system
- Improve community relations and increase parental involvement in all schools
- Provide a transition program for students in middle year
- Provide early identification and intervention for learning difficulties.
- Continue to increase staff knowledge of traditional knowledge and culture and strongly encourage infusion of language and culture across the curriculum
In conjunction with NorthWest Tribal Council, Beardy’s First Nation, and Big Island Lake Cree Nation, we have developed a workplan for the next 3 years. This workplan is based on the INAC Student Success Initiative and is based on data driven schools. (collecting baselines (DRA), remediating deficiencies (PLC’s), and submitting results to INAC.