The Director of Operations works in conjunction with all management and leadership in Onion Lake Cree Nation to ensure the community organizations adhere to, and administer Chief and Council direction as set out through ratified legislations, policies, motions and directives.
The Director of Operations works – in cooperation with citizens and leadership – within an OLCN integrated approach based upon an “OLCN Nehiyaw Worldview.” With the goals being to effectively implement relevant, effective government and governance in achieving innovative solutions to the Cree Nation’s aspirations for self-reliance, economic self-sufficiency and community wellness.
In the past year the Director of Operations has undertaken many tasks:
- Strategic review
- Policy and legislation reviews
- Work with all management to ensure programs and company mandates are moving forward
- Program budget reviews (previous and future fiscal years)
- Program service deliverables review
- Work with program/company management and senior management to provide recommendations to Chief and Council to enhance services, administrations and process